Back to job listings
Location: Omaha, NE
Date Posted: 11/13/17
Type: Direct Hire/Contract-to-Hire
Share with a friend
|Our client is currently seeking a Middleware Developer to support their operations. This team is responsible for modernizing, developing and supporting reporting, analytics and forecasting systems (Tableau, SAS, Business Objects). The candidate will have the opportunity to work with business partners to understand their needs and develop technical solutions that streamline and improve processes.
Essential Job Functions:
- Review and influence ongoing design, architecture, standards and methods for Operating Systems, Transactions Managers or Middleware installation.
- Java experience
- Participate in capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning.
- Participate in Systems Life Cycle Management through monitoring, measuring, maintaining Operating Systems, Transactions Managers, Enterprise Applications and Middleware software.
- Adhere to Change Management, Incident Management, Configuration Management policies and procedures.
- Manage and scale systems to meet business demands by providing a stable secure infrastructure
- Evaluates vendor supplied system software packages and make recommendations to IT management.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate security and privacy measures are implemented on technology solutions to protect Company data from intentional or accidental misuse.
- Pursue ways to simplify and streamlines processes.
Duties & Qualifications:
- Cluster installation, upgrades, and operations
- Ensure cluster health
- Back up key databases and configuration
- Partner with Hadoop developers and architects to enable the business
- Onboard new users
- Define YARN resource constraints for teams and projects
- Perform common Linux administration tasks
- 2-3 years professional experience or relevant work experience.
- Extensive experience in Linux
- At least 2 years of experience with YARN scheduling
- At least 2 years’ experience running an Enterprise Hadoop Cluster (2.x)
- At least 2 years of experience “killing” Hadoop jobs
- At least 2 years of experience identifying and resolving HDFS corruption
- Experience with dealing with dead name nodes and data nodes
- Knowledge of Java based applications
- Experience with java based web application server
- Experience with apache HTTP server
- Experience setting secure communication channels (SSL, certificate and key management)
- Experience in shell scripting
- Technical Knowledge: Strong understanding of assigned technologies with a focus on analysis, development, modification, installation, testing, maintenance, and documentation.
|For immediate consideration, please submit your resume by clicking “Apply Now“.
Diversified Solutions was founded in 1997 and continues to provide responsive, innovative and effective solutions to the personnel needs of our client companies in the areas of executive recruitment and all aspects of IT Services. We employ well-qualified individuals with a high degree of integrity and professionalism who are well versed in the latest technology. We offer three different types of opportunities: consulting engagements, consulting with option-to-hire and permanent placements. We welcome you to experience the Diversified Solutions difference!
Diversified Solutions offers a complete benefit package to our employees that include:
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Holidays, Vacation, and Personal Days
- Training & Tuition Reimbursement
- Company Functions and more